Tuesday, May 6, 2008

May Classic

I swear, there are things that I like besides running. But you might not notice by my posts huh? I have been looking at my running log. I was at 65 miles a week for three weeks, then I missed a run, then I got tired, then the neighbors had a party on the weekday, and I got more tired. blah blah blah ad infinitum. the result was, that my taper for a 5K looked more like a taper for a marathon, and there were two weeks of forty miles and a thirty.

However, I did do some intervals and other speedwork, which my running was so sorely lacking. Also, my legs feel pretty good. I was having a knee issue. I definitely need more leg strength. Something to work on for the summer.

So, I tried to train up for this 5K and I feel I did a good job. I am happy with my time of 23:42






I'm the guy in the white shirt.















The race starts and finishes in Hyde Park, in Tampa. It is an out and back on Bayshore. I live within walking distance, and it was really easy to warm up a couple of miles. The walk home is always a bit more difficult. The race is chipped, but still people crowd the start. How hard is: walkers to the back.

Maybe next year I'll try the USF 5K.

No comments: